Saturday, April 20, 2013

Review for "For You" by Mimi Strong(~PJ~)

For You
by Mimi Strong
THIS NEW ADULT ROMANCE contains mature content, including erotic sex scenes, drug use, and criminal activity. Contains graphic material some readers may find offensive (or very fun). Ages 17+

SYNOPSIS:
I should have known by the tattoos that Sawyer was trouble. My mother always said to stay away from boys with ink, but she ignored her own advice. She also abandoned me and my little sister.

Life's been hard for the two of us, on the run and on our own, but I just turned twenty-one and started working at a bar in a new city. I wear a fake wedding band and a veil of lies.

My gold ring didn't stop Sawyer. He looked into me with his heavenly green eyes, and I nearly forgot my pretty lies. Now he wants to help me get my life together.

I should stay away, because he could blow my cover. When we get found--and I know one day we will--I want my sister to be old enough to handle the truth about our past.

I may be hanging out with Sawyer, but we're definitely not dating. I swear, he's not setting me on fire with every glance or casual touch. We're just friends. I'm not thinking about him wrapping those tattooed arms around me, every second of every day.



MY REVIEW

What can I say about this book??  It left me completely amazed!  I have been a fan of Mimi's for a while.  I love the way she writes and pulls you right into her world!  Its never over detailed and forced.  It's natural and just enough detail so you can fill in the blanks and see the world that both she created and you as well.  I personally love reads like that!  I like to be able to add my own creativity to a story and Mimi allows you to do that.

This story rotates POV's and that is another thing I LOVE!!!  I love having both sides of the story.  For the most part it is Aubrey's point of view, but Sawyer's is in there enough that you get a full understanding of him and what he is going through.

Meet Aubrey....

(closest I could get to what I see when I picture her)


The poor thing was really handed the short end of the stick in life.  When things were good and she was happy....her mom took her away from that.  Confused and alone even with her mom around.  Her little sister was born and she stepped up to make sure her sister was cared for and loved the way she needed.
Aubrey against the world became Aubrey and Belle against the world...

Meet Sawyer....

(Again as close as I could get to the way I seen him.)


Okay Sawyer is awesome!  Hunk-O-Meter rating of at least 100!!  Tattoos, longer hair, stubble....Wanting to do whatever it took to make Aubrey smile and happy.....*SWOON/FAINT worthy*  He had his reasons to mistrust and stay away just as anyone, but he just couldn't stay away from Aubrey....from the moment he saw her, he was....Addicted!  He is an artist and sees the world through an artist eyes.  I cannot say enough about Sawyer, but I don't want to say too much either :P

They meet at Aubrey's work and he tries to win her over, but Aubrey is lying about being married and other things.  She doesn't want to blow her cover, but she can't deny the way she feels around Sawyer.  Sawyer is consumed with Aubrey the minute he meets her.  He can't quit thinking about her.

Amazingly hot scene here.  I just love Sawyer and his view on the world.  Even as wound up as he gets he still makes jokes just to make her smile.  I absolutely love what happens after this scene LOL'd bad! :P

When I read this scene, I glanced at my dining room table and at my husband.  Thoughts started turning then my kids came running out and I realized why I never saw my table in this light. Hahahaha!  Seriously HOT scene!  

Sawyer is a man of a lot of words, but the words he uses all have meaning behind them and emotions are worn on his sleeves.  In this scene, if I wasn't already swooning him, I totally would have been.  I loved it!!!

OVERALL
This story takes you on a ride with every emotion from laughing to fanning yourself hot.   The flow was amazing and the story line was strong and amazing!  I truly enjoyed reading this book.  I loved the kink factor....I actually have to make sure to check if I have maple syrup in my house (hahahaha)  The believe-ability of the characters was strong.  You felt for them, cheered for them, worried for them and some points even screamed at them.  I could keep carrying on about this book, but really I want you to go read it if you haven't already.  I will end with this.....
If you believe in love.  If you believe that there is someone out there for each of us.  If you love swoonworthy men and strong women......THIS BOOK IS "FOR YOU" (pun intended hahahaha) 

DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!





Have a GREAT read all!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment