Monday, April 22, 2013

Review for No Second Chances by Beverley Hollowed(~PJ~)

NO SECOND CHANCES
BY BEVERLEY HOLLOWED

SYNOPSIS:

No nonsense mechanic, Ally Brody is a ‘one chance only’ kind of girl. When she catches her boyfriend, of two years, cheating with his assistant on a surprise visit to his office, there will be No Second Chances.

Determined not to fall for the wrong kind of man again, she comes face to face with Cole Thomas. He is gorgeous, charming, rich and everything Ally swore she should stay away from.

Cole wants Ally and he will stop at nothing until he gets what he desires. Bit by bit he breaks through her barriers and takes her on a journey of love and sexual awakenings. Will her obsessed ex, who refuses to accept it’s over, or a secret Cole himself is hiding, destroy their relationship before it even gets started?

Can Ally break her own rule and explore the possibility that Cole just might be the one worthy of a Second Chance?


MY REVIEW

Okay first let me start out by saying that this is the second book I have read by Mrs. Hollowed and I had high hopes going into this second story.  Her first book "Forever and Always" was amazing and it left Mrs. Hollowed a lot to live up to in my eyes as I started out in this second book.  (If you haven't read "Forever and Always" you need to.  It is not related to this book here, but it is a definite must read!!)


Meet Ally.........

Ally Brody is your down to earth no frill more thrill kind of girl.  She is beautiful, but doesn't know it and (GET THIS) is a mechanic that loves cars!  I think I heard a lot of men's drool hitting the floor there. LOL  She is desperately trying to pick up the pieces of her life and get back to her norm.....whatever that was.  (Her thoughts not mine :P)


Meet Cole (Bloody) Thomas........
(Major drool factor right????? Oh me thinks :P)
Cole Thomas is a very successful company owner who never knew what he wanted in life but that he wanted something.  Women were not an issue for him, but finding the right one was.  You know the one that could see past his money and success and want the simple things in life.......Well Bloody HELL!!!! I can't get past his looks to even care about the money :P hehehehe



Okay so the story takes place in Ireland (*Personal Note* One place a really want to visit!!) and boy would I run there right now if there was a Cole waiting for me.  (Looks up to make sure the hubby isn't reading what I am typing :P )  GAH!!!  I am still trying to process this book.  It was F$%KING amazing to say the least.  My stomach dropped at several parts and I was so nervous I was shaking at one part.  (I knew her pain, fear and nightmares *shudders*)  This story pulls you and keeps you there....No it F$%KING holds you there!!!

""Why are you fighting this, Ally?"  Cole asked, her heart almost stopped at his words."

""Jesus Christ," he whispered breathlessly.  "What are you doing to me?"  Before Ally could answer, his mouth was on hers againa nd he was pressing her hand against the wall."

Cole has to be one swoonworthy man if you know he's not being completely honest and you're screaming at the book.  "Believe him Ally!  He's f$%king amazing!"  Yeah I screamed that often.  Even though in his thoughts he revealed that he was worried she'd leave him if he knew his secret.  But then he says things like this

""...Teach me to be the man that you deserve because I love you, Ally.""

........and you are all "It's okay Cole.  You can lie to me all you want!"

I died laughing on their first "real" date they each had the case of the coughs!!  She sending a message and he sending a message.  Oh it was so funny (No, I won't go into detail you will just have to read this :P )

OH GOD!!!! There there is a confrontation in the bathroom of the pub she was at with her friends and Cole and his friend Nate......HOLY HELL!!!! My stomach dropped to the floor and I held my hand over my mouth the whole flipping scene!  HOLY HELL!!!! (Yes, it dubs repeating.)

I want to say so much about this book (and Mrs. Hollowed will hear some of it hehehehe), but I do not want to give anything away.  This book was one WILD and HOT ride....I will gladly take again and again.  Both of her characters are easy to attach to and you truly do get a GREAT idea of who they are and what they are feeling.  I bawled my freaking eyes out on the last section of the book.  *shakes head*  Wild and Hot right, indeed!!!

I want to take a moment to thank Beverley Hollowed for giving me the opportunity to read her Arc for "No Second Chances".  It was truly and honor.  I had expectations for this book after reading "Forever and Always" and you did not let me down.  I will continue to read your books so please keep them coming.  They are TRULY amazing reads!!!!! <3 Hugs! <3

LOOK FOR IT APRIL 29, 2013!!!!!!!!! A DEFINITE MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Because this book is not yet for sale there are no links to post on where to buy them, but I will update with those links once they are available.  Until then, add to your TBR you won't regret it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment