Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Review for "Love's Second Chance" by LP Dover (~PJ~)......

LOVE'S SECOND CHANCE
BY L P DOVER
(If you think the cover is beautiful wait until you read the book!!!)


SYNOPSIS:
Korinne Anders had it all. She had the perfect job, the perfect house, and the perfect husband. When tragedy strikes, her world takes a devastating turn. Six months after losing her husband to a car accident, Korinne vows it to herself never to love again. If she doesn’t allow another man in her heart, then there’s no reason for her to feel the pain of loss. This plan seems to work, but is put to the test when Korinne’s best friend can’t stand to see her suffering any longer.
Korinne’s long-time friend, Jenna Perry, has an idea and it involves helping her friend find the spark of life in her soul no matter what it takes. Korinne didn’t know that Jenna’s plan meant bringing back a past love, a second chance with the man that Korinne had to leave in college, but always kept a place for in her heart.
When Galen Matthews learns of Korinne’s loss and that she’s finally moved back home, he wants nothing more than to be there for her. The love he felt for Korinne years ago has never left him, and now he’s given a second chance to not only mend her heart of her loss, but to also continue the love they shared in the past. Will his love and determination make her strong enough to give fate a second chance, or will her fear of losing another love make her run away? 
What will Korinne do when she’s faced with a love so powerful that no matter what she does there’s nowhere to run from it?



MY REVIEW

Okay I am going to first start out by saying.....OMG!!!!  It is not often that I can pick up a book and be caught in the book before the story has really even began.  L P Dover has done just that with her book "Love's Second Chance".  She has put a prologue in this book.  The purpose to give you an understanding of why Korrinne was doing, acting, struggling as she is when Chapter 1 starts.  This prologue is so damn amazing, I not only cried my eyes out but had to stop and make a post about how amazing it was.  The depth of emotion and pain that she puts into this prologue.  I knew the minute I finished reading it that I was in for an amazing (emotional ride).  Okay prologue brag over.  Let's get into the story itself. 


Meet Korinne Anders........

Korinne was a designer and she was amazing at her job.  She had made a name for herself in the business.  She loved her job until tragedy struck and her world fell out from under her.  Losing her husband in a tragic car accident caused Korinne to fall into herself.  She saw or felt nothing.  Her zest for life was buried with her husband.  
Right away you can tell she is fighter.  She wants to stand on her own, but isn't sure how to do that.  She had to learn to live a life that had been shared with someone else to being alone.    Was there anyway she could get her life back?

Cue Galen Matthews...

Meet Galen Matthews...........
(Sorry but this is who came to my mind and what a hunk!)

Galen had the love of his life once, but she moved away and then got married.  He never forgot her or the time they spent together.  In fact, he never found anyone else like her and he knew he never would (Dreamy right? *sigh*).  His world change and he was now owner of her father's company after his father's passing.  One day his brother shows up and changes his life yet again.....
He was give a second chance to have the love of his life back and he was taking it with both hands.  He wasn't letting her get away this time.


So now that you have met the gorgeous pair, let's get into the story.  This has to be one of the most heart pulling/squeezin/breaking stories I have read in a LONG time.  The way Ms. Dover wrote out this story it seemed she had one clear objective in mind....she wanted you to be a part of her world.  She wanted you to feel what they felt and see what they saw.  And boy oh boy did you!  How to best describe this book without bursting into tears....seriously it's that good.

"I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks. [Is it hot in the car or is it just me?]" ~Kori~

I laughed at this part.  She was given a ride home after going out to dinner with Galen and boy was she nervous.  I had butterflies in my stomach for her.  At this point she was still feeling guilty over even having gone out with another man after losing her husband, but more importantly going out with Galen.....her first love.

This book carries both points of view and I personally LOVE that in a story.  To me, it gives a better understanding of the whole picture rather than half of the picture.  Plus I just love getting into Galen's head.  *sigh* Okay I might as well admit it now.  I am a Fictional Boyfriend whore!  I am proud to be one too.  Galen has been added to the list and hell I am not even sure how long the list is at the moment, but HOLY HELL Galen is AMAZING!!

He wants nothing more than to make her happy and does whatever he can to do that.  He sets a HUGE plan in motion just to get Korinne's spark back for her work.  He knew how much she loved it and he wanted to see her smile again.  A real smile not the fake ones she has been giving everyone.  This guy is major dream factor....

"...I know you've been saddened with grief the past few months, and I can still see it in your eyes.  I just want you to know that I'm here and I would do anything to make you happy." ~Galen~

I could keep carrying on about how dreamy Galen is, but the fact of the matter you are not going to know until you read the book yourself so I will stop on that.

The heat in this book could melt snow, I think.  Let me just give you this one simple statement on ONE of the scenes:  HOT HOT HOT TUB!!!!!! :P

The journey to finding herself again so she can fully move on is emotional and Galen is there for her every step of the way.  He supports her even when she doesn't see that he is doing it. What he does for her late husband is AMAZING!!!

At 70% in I about died!  I was crying so much my head hurt and then what flashes on my Kindle.....BATTERY IS LOW......NNNOOOOOO!!!!!  I had to read faster and I kept saying "No don't die yet.....I can't wait for you to charge to find out what is going on."  That last 30% cost me a whole roll of fucking toilet paper LMAO!!!  They were sad tears and happy tears and SON OF A BITCH tears!!! 

When I picked up this book, I had no idea the story that I was going to be put into.  I can tell you now I am glad I took the chance because it was well more than worth it.  Ms. Dover, you did one hell of a job on this book and I am so glad I read it.  I had to stop a couple of times because of children and hubby.  I kept glancing at it longing to get back into it LOL.  You did an amazing job and I wish you all the success that is surely to come with this book.  

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING JOB!!! A DEFINITE READ ALL!!!!!!!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment