Saturday, April 20, 2013

Review for Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire(~PJ~)

Walking Disaster
by Jamie McGuire


SYNOPSIS:

Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.
In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.
Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.

THE REVIEW

I read "Beautiful Disaster" awhile ago and I loved it!  The loved Travis and hated Parker.  I laughed at Mare and felt bad for Shepley.  It was just a GREAT book.  So naturally when I heard that "Walking Disaster" was coming out I jumped right on and had it pre-ordered the minute I could and then waited and waited and waited LOL.  It seemed to take forever to come out.  Then the day FINALLY comes and I wait until midnight to read it...

OMG!!!!!!!!!  I was not prepared for this book!!!!!!!

In "Beautiful Disaster" I felt bad for Abby, but that was really it.  In "Walking Disaster", I was devastated for Travis!!!  My heart broke with his.  I cried for him.  Have said that....Had Travis' POV came out before Abby's I would have hated Abby.  I can't even say that her POV would have helped her case much.  I was completely in shambles for Travis!!!

"Wh-Why are you doing this to me, man? Do you think I'm not suffering enough, because I promise you, it's too much."

His pain was felt so strong throughout this book.  I ached for him.  I wanted to heal him....

"My entire face crumbled, and I nodded my head.  I tried to be angry, that was much easier to control than the overwhelming, physical pain in my chest, but all I felt was wave after wave of sadness.  I was too tired to fight it."

Oh it gets worse than that......

"My eyes drifted to the floor. "She's not coming back," I said falling to the couch.
America stepped forward.  "What does that mean, Travis?"
I cupped the top of my head with both my hands.  "What happened last night wasn't her way of saying she wanted to be together.  She was saying goodbye."

That's just a few of the areas.  The scene of their break up and he confronts her in front of the cafeteria.....*tears*  OMG!!!!

This book was out of this world good and I am so glad she wrote it from his point of view.  You get a better idea of what his brothers are like and I can't wait for them :D

The epilogue.......OMG!!!! I loved.......It really finished the book up nicely and I loved it!!!

Bring on the Maddox brothers!!!  If their stories are anything like Travis' I better make an investment in some tissues LOL!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment