Tuesday, September 24, 2013

***Second Chances by D L Roan Review by PJ***


Second Chances
by D. L. Roan






Synopsis:

Note: Alternate/new cover edition for ASIN# B00BH34Y74

Six years after the McLendon brothers lost their wife during the birth of their twins they are merely existing, focused only on running their ranch and raising their boys....until Claira Robbins drops into their family like a baby bird falling from its nest.

She certainly ruffles more than a few feathers. Matt and Mason believe she will be the one to heal their hearts and family. Their older brother Grey? He plans to live out his life comfortably numb from the neck down, even if it kills him...and it just might if Claira's lethal past catches up to her.

Can they convince Grey to let go of the past and give love a second chance? Or will his own haunting secret destroy what is left of their family for good?

Second Chances is an 88,000 word novel.

WARNING: Second Chances is an M/F/M/M erotica ménage romance and contains explicit sex, ménage à quatre, anal sex, adult language, and violence. Oh, and absolutely no steamy action between brothers, because that would just be awkward. Recommended for the adult reader only.


My Review:

I am so far behind in my reviews lately and I can't apologize enough for it.  Well I aimed to start this book almost two months ago, but there has been one thing after another that has come up.  However, I have to say that this book is unlike anything I have ever read and I cannot put that in any better words.  It truly is unlike anything I have read.

So I will admit, I have talked to this author before I even knew about her book.  Other friends of mine have read it and after talking to her I jumped at the chance to purchase this book to read it.  Boy am I ever glad I did.

So this story stares one lost, lonely, scared woman.  All she wants to do is make her mark in the world, but sadly as many people these days...she can't choose where she came from and who she was related to.  The very things that she was running for her life from.  She felt her life was as upturned as it could possible get...well that was until she met the McLendon brothers.  Little did she know how much more upturned her life could actually get.

Have you ever loved something so much only to find it out it came in threes?  Yeah I know me either LMAO!!!!! But hell if that isn't what happened to Claira.  I will say I wanted to be this woman...WOW!!!  Did I ever what to be her *fans self*

This book his hot, steamy, unique, amazing book will have you set on fire and longing for a bucket of ice to sit in.  Seriously this book should have come with more of a warning.  I think that the author should have included this in her warning:

"Warning: batteries are not included in sales price and need to be purchased separately or make sure you have plenty on hand."

What?  I'm just saying.  If you haven't read this book you have no idea what I'm talking about...If you have then you know exactly why that warning should be included in the warning.

Message for D. L. Roan:  I have read a lot of books over my life and even since starting to read romance novels, but yours is by far the most stand out there novel I have read.  The plot is strong and your writing is stronger.  You felt everything between them.  You did an amazing job and I cannot wait to read more from you.  Just simply amazing you should feel amazing about this book.  I wish you the best of luck and all the success in the future!

If you haven't purchased this book yet.  You really need to. THIS IS A MUST READ!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Such an awesome review and well deserved! This book was hot, hot, hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and she definitely deserves the praise that I hoped I included in this review. Up in my favorite authors, seriously! Thank you for your kind response.

      Delete