Tuesday, September 10, 2013

****Immortal Bound by Jennifer Sage Review by ~PJ~****

Immortal Bound
by 
Jennifer Sage
(No cover yet, but I think this will do quite nicely hehehe)

Review:


Here I sit again at my computer trying to come up with words to sum up another book.  Usually the words flow easily and I can get exactly what I want (and need) to say about a book out without much hesitation or even thought on my behalf.  Not that those reviews are thoughtless on my behalf, but more clear to what to say about them.  This book has proven to not be the case at the moment.  

Immortal Bound is book 2 in the Immortal series by Jennifer Sage.  This story follows Amele as she fulfills her binding to the Elemental God of Water, Nikolai.  This story recaps some of things from book one, her aspect of things, before her being taken to the Nikolai's home to fulfill her agreement to him. 

****If you have not read Immortal Dreams, please do so first as Isabel and parts of her story are revealed and visited in this book.  It will ruin the story if you do not read it.****

CLICK HERE FOR MY REVIEW OF IMMORTAL DREAMS

So as I sat down to read this book, I already loved Amele's character from Book 1.  The was not only a fierce warrior, but she was kind and compassionate and funny as hell!  She doesn't let down in book 2 either. Ha!




She would not cower or beg and it drove Nikolai NUTS.

“Sister she is impossible! I can hardly tolerate her insolence! She dares speak to a God that way when she should be groveling at my feet, bending to my every whim. What has happened that they have lost their fear of us?”

Both are stubborn and fight each other at every turn. Both were trying to play the same game and often backfires happened...more than once actually.  Amele stands her ground against the Elemental and he pushes just as hard back.  





This book was a damn roller coaster of emotions...seriously.  I feel weird saying that about this genre (as stated in my other review not my fav genre), but it was truly.  The way Ms. Sage has written this book and previous, has you unable to do anything but feel for the characters and lose yourself in the story.  You become them.  I have never screamed so much at a book than I did with this one.  My stomach was in knots, I was shaking, tears were shed, anger flared...it was just an emotionally filled book.

I sit back digesting what I have just read and think to myself "By Gods, I want one for myself" HA!  

Ms. Sage, I cannot express the amount of gratitude that I feel for you allowing me the honor to read these.  In every single page I felt something and had to keep turning the pages.  Your gift to pull the reader in and not only become part of the story, but truly believe these worlds, races exist is amazing.  You have a serious talent here and I look forward to reading more from you in the future.  I wish you all the success that these books (and future ones) are sure to bring you.  Thank you so much again.

PLEASE READ IMMORTAL DREAMS BEFORE READING THIS BOOK!  

No comments:

Post a Comment