Monday, September 9, 2013

****Love, Succumb by Eve Davids Review by PJ*****

LOVE, SUCCUMB
BY
EVE DAVIDS



SYNOPSIS:

Two souls …
Destined to be together
But just can’t be …
Eve’s life is going well -A job she enjoys, friends she loves, and a boyfriend who loves her and is dedicated to helping her achieve her end goal: Revenge.
Rene Ackerley happens.
A brilliant, beautiful man who has the world at the tip of his fingers. Money, Power, Respect, he has it all.
At thirty, he is the leader of a world-wide syndicate so powerful that its existence is almost legendary.
He is also the leader of the very men who took everything away from Eve.
The instant their eyes fall on each other, obsession becomes as real as the air they breathe.
They crave each other like drugs. They can’t bear to be apart.
But there is Bash. The man who has been in love with Eve since he was a young boy. She is all he knows. He will rather die or kill than be without her…

MY REVIEW:

Checking my email today, I find this book in as a review request.  I was currently in between a few things so I said I would read it.  I think I should have been a little more prepared walking into this. Ha!  First I will warn you all, my ever faithful followers, this book has a cliffhanger BIG!  Now those of you that have actually talked with me about books know how I get irked with cliffhangers (I can tolerate if left on a happy note...sometimes LOL) because I am not a very patient person.  I do not like being unhappy for the characters at a book end.

Having said that though.  This book was still good.  There were many areas where you wish for further explanation, but I think that was done for a reason.  You start the book out in present time then flash to six weeks earlier.  This book carries the POV's of Rene and Eve.  The first half of the book is Rene and the second half is Eve.  I do like having a male's prospective.  Just something very enduring knowing what is going behind the male's eyes.

Excerpt:

“I hate you, I fucking hate you. Do you understand?” Rene says in his low, mesmerizing voice.

My heart shatters, stops beating. “Why?” I whisper.

He grabs my hair and pulls hard. “Because you, my dear sweet Eve, have broken me. Destroyed my world. Before you, I’m not a man. I am nothing but a confused boy, sick with a longing for you that’s so great and terrible; sometimes, I feel as if death will be easier.”

A violent shiver rocks my body. I turn my head, and stick my tongue out, yearning for his mouth.

He groans, wild and hungry.

He tightens his grip on my hair. His other hand grabbing my breast squeezes tighter. “You … you.”

Rene’s wide sensual mouth covers my ear. His tongue dips in, and he licks, fast and wet.

Moans spill out of my lips, and my heart rages inside my chest.

My mouth is jealous. My pussy is angry. They want the bloody attention he is giving to my ear!

“Rene,” I plead.

“Hmm, Mon Coeur,” he whispers lazily, and slides his lips down to my neck. He continues licking.

He is doing this on purpose.

I am naked. Physically. Emotionally.

He has me on my knees with my ass in the air. His muscular body pins me down, holding me prisoner.

Everyone involved in the story is damaged in one form or another.  How are they damaged?  You get bits and pieces as the story goes along, but it is not pretty.  Eve lives with 2 friends and at best they struggle to keep their heads above water.  Drowning not only in their pasts, but their present as well.

I was left with many questions, but I think that I envision the direction of the story going, that was done on purpose.  I will be reading the next one for sure and I hope there is an HEA there.  I'd love to see a story for each of the girls and maybe the guys too, though at the moment I do not like Bear...Let's see if he redeems himself in the next book.

I would recommend this to anyone, but with a strong warning of a cliffhanger.

Author Bio:

My first love was reading, then writing. I am obsessed with Movies, Books, Music, Fashion, and Art. I'm a hopeless romantic, a dreamer, a traveler, a pessimist. If I can disappear into a movie or book world for the rest of my life, I will die a happy girl. As long as I can bring quarts of Greek yogurt, and grapes, and chocolate along!
I always go with my heart, never my head.
At the end of the day, I'm just a young writer on the pursuit of happiness.
Love, Succumb is my first published novel. It's a story dear to my heart because it saved me from darkness




Purchase Links:



B&N     Smashwords    Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment