Sunday, September 15, 2013

How Many Chances by Beverley Hollowed Review by PJ

How Many Chances
by
Beverley Hollowed




Synopsis:

Having fallen head over heels in love with the handsome and very charming Cole Thomas, Ally Brody had her heart broken and her world torn apart. She feels lost, but is determined to move on and start her life a fresh. However, Cole still fills her every thought and she is finding it harder and harder to stick to her rule of no second chances.

Cole is left a broken shell. He can’t think of anything but Ally and showing her just what she truly means to him. 

Can Cole prove to Ally that she is meant to be with him? 

Can Ally ever learn to trust Cole again?

Can they start over and find happiness or will life keep throwing hurdles in their way….. How Many Chance does true love get?

MY REVIEW:

I am a little behind and I want to take a moment and apologize to Mrs. Hollowed for my review being late.  There will be no excuses offered because that is all they will be, but please  accept my apologies for being so far behind on getting this review posted on my blog page.

Okay having said that, here we are with Book 2 in the Chances trilogy.  Who was with me on being gutted with the ending of the first one?  For my review of "No Second Chances" book 1 in the 'Chances' series, please click here. Thank you. I'm was reading along and it just boom stops.  I am pretty sure I screamed loudly.  "No Second Chances" was an engaging and trapping read.  It was like sitting on pin and needles waiting for the second book.


My heart was aching for Cole and I think butterflies spent a lot of time in my stomach during both books, but my eyes cried so many sad tears at the end of 1 and throughout 2 that I had a headache at the end of the book.  No, wait that sounds bad... The book didn't give me the headache my... Oh never mind carrying on.  Let's view the cast real quick shall we. I know I could look at Cole all damn day long! Hahaha!
Main Characters:
Ally Brody
Cole Thomas

Okay so back to the review now.  How Many Chances starts out with Cole's POV.  I am a sucker for a male's POV.  Hell I'm a sucker for Cole period...damn sorry side tracked again.  So it starts out by giving a recant of how Cole felt and reacted to losing Ally.  As if I didn't cry over it enough in No Second Chances, no Mrs. Hollowed has to make me relive it in the beginning of How Many Chances as well. *sigh* LOL  Your heart will ache all over again for Cole and Ally during that turning point in their relationship.

As the story unfolds, you are reminded why you loved Cole so much and why Ally was the one that completed him.  Just how do you convince someone that their it for you if you can't get them to even listen to you?  I truly loved Cole's answer to that question.  Now I would tell you what that was but frankly it would ruin that moment in the book and I will not do that to my fellow readers.




We all know the reunion is coming, but honestly I'm surprised how long it actually took to happen.  Cole and Ally are like the north and south pole on a magnet.  They are drawn to each other, buy an unknown force.  Yet they are not drawn fast enough to each other to keep either of them from hurting.  

There are many sections in this story that stood out to me and I will always remember.  Their love for each other, the ending, the way they couldn't stop touching each other, the ending, their undying support, ohh did I mention the ending?  Oh I didn't well the ending stood out BIG time.  And I'm not just talking about the last little section of words.  No it would be more like the last few chapters.  However, I can't talk about that, now can I?  Nope!  But here is something I can talk about and it was one of my favorite lines from this book.



Shoot, that man has drool all over him because of all the women fawning all over him. HA! Cole and Ally really struggle in this book compared to the first one.  However their struggles strengthen their bond and solidify their love for each other.  Every book needs one of those defining moments for the characters.  It allows the reader to attach how serious they are for each other as well as how deep the connection truly goes.

This book will pull every bit of emotion out of you.  When I read a 'cliffhanger' style series the follow up books have got to be better than the previous to make up for having to wait.  So that is how I went into this book, with the expectations that it had to be better.  It wasn't better than the first...

No it blew the first one out of the fucking water!  I cannot even put into words exactly how I felt about this book other than to tell you all... Mrs. Hollowed really nailed it with this one.  She had a reason for each decision she made and she made sure that the reader fully understood why that decision was made.  She kept them real and gave them real life struggles.  It is because of those decisions that made this book as good as it was.  It was because of the realism of it.  You were living them, Cole and Ally.  You weren't reading about them. Those to me are the best books!

Mrs. Hollowed, I have read every one of your books thus far and each one has made some kind of impact on me in one form or another, but this book (even though it is a part of a series) really is the best so far.  Runner up would have to be A Stolen Heart.  Your ability to keep the characters real and allow the reader to relate to them and their situations is what makes your work so addicting.  That truly is what your books are...addicting.  Every time I open one, I cannot put it down until I'm done.  Thank you for all the time and work you put into each of your books because without them we wouldn't have FBFs (Fictional Boyfriends) like Sam, Cole, Zach...I think that would be sad.  Thank you!  Keep writing I need more :) <3 font="">


Available Now!  A DEFINITE MUST READ!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, based on your review I have to get these books PRONTO!
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete