Monday, July 22, 2013

Review for "Lost in Distraction" by BJ Harvey ~PJ~

LOST IN DISTRACTION
BY BJ HARVEY




SYNOPSIS:

In the three years after a horrible crime claimed her family, Elise Halliwell has been alone, shut off from the world in a self-imposed emotional exile. She goes through the motions, finishes high school and moves across country to start college and begin the next step in her pre-destined life. 

But her exile is dramatically cut short by the entrance of a dark haired, blue-eyed, smirking man who shakes her to the core, achieving what everyone else before him has failed to do, he makes her feel again. 

As much as he wishes it were different, fate has not brought Braxton James into Elise’s life, or has it. Brax has to keep her safe from people in her life who have ulterior motives and may want to hurt her. 

Elise has no idea the threat she faces, and Brax wants to make sure it stays that way. But as Brax struggles with getting close to her, he begins to live a lie. Unable to resist the pull that is Elise’s bright green eyes, infectious giggle, and loving heart, he finds it impossible to stay away, so the double life of being Elise’s boyfriend and keeping her safe begins. 

Full of twists and turns, danger and revelations that no-one could predict, you won’t be the only one lost in distraction.


MY REVIEW:

Okay so I have been eager to read this book for a while.  Sadly there is just not enough hours in the day to do all the thing I need to do all the time.  However, I am super glad that I had the time to read this book.  This book was simply amazing.  Okay so as per my usual review, here is the way I pictured Brax and Elle.


Elise (Elle) Halliwell
Elle is trying desperately to move past her family's death and piece her life back together.  She moves far away to go to college in order to take over her dad's business.  Little Elle know that moving away to start over was really going to be the change she never saw coming.

Braxton (Brax) James
Brax took a job to keep a girl safe.  He took the job because the photo of the girl needing protecting caught his attention.  He knew in the first moment of meeting her in person that he would never be the same.  What he didn't expect was how much everything would changed.


Okay so now that you met Brax and Elle as I see them, let's move on to the review shall we?

I had followed the teasers and talk about this book for a while.  This can be a good or bad thing.  You can sometimes fall across teasers that highlight the only good parts of the book and leave the readers saying "What the hell?"  Thankfully that is not the case with this book.  BJ Harvey has done and excellent job of maintaining the readers attention throughout the whole book.

I have talked back and forth with BJ a bit and will tell you when I finished the book my message to her made her laugh.

"Right now all I have to say is I'm glad that I have the second book right now or you'd be getting an ear full LMAO!!!!"


I am trying very hard to not scream and shout at how the book ended, right now.  When I write reviews I never want to give away anything in the book, so I tread lightly to not expose any of the twists and turns throughout.

I will say that in the end my heart was breaking and racing all at the same time.  It is obvious now why she called the series "Lost" because that is exactly how you feel when you finish this book.  Not in a bad way.  You are lost for words, lost for breath, lost for an ending that has yet to happen.  (Nicely played BJ Harvey, nicely played. Ha!)

Elle has completely shut herself off from the world.  The world she has known and loved for half her life gone in a split second.  She may not have physically died with them, but emotionally she was nothing more than a shell walking the earth, going through the motions.

Brax was the same way.  He worked and had some downtime with his best friend Shay, but not much of anything outside of that.  However the one thing he never expected was the job to change him like it did.  

The journey the pair go on is made for the movies.  Brax is so damn swoonworthy that there really isn't a way to describe him.  He battles with his conscience throughout the book only to have it cost him HUGE in the end.  How did it cost him?  Well I suppose you will need to read the book to find out.

The chemistry between Brax and Elle is practically popping from the book.  Ms. Harvey knew what she was doing when she wrote out this book.  I expect nothing less of the second book.

I'm sure you're wondering where all the snippets are for the book.  Here's the thing, everything I would want to post on here would give things away and frankly I'm not that kind of person to do that sooooooooooo, if it means no snippets...No snippets.

If you haven't read this book you need to!  It truly is an engaging read and you won't be sorry you read it.  Ms. Harvey, I want to tell you what an amazing job you have done on this book (and I am sure book 2 as well).  I had expectations going in and you blew them out of the water.  I am truly glad to have the honor of participating in your tour for book 2.  Bright future ahead of you my dear.  

Okay now I'm done writing this review.  I have already taken too much time before getting into book 2 and I have sssoooooo many questions that need answered.  So I will leave you with this final statement...

READ THIS DAMN BOOK!!!!  YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE MISSING!!!



Watch for my review of "Lost for You" on the 25th!...





No comments:

Post a Comment