Friday, October 4, 2013

****Keltor by Jennifer Sage Review by PJ****

KELTOR
by JENNIFER SAGE

Synopsis:

Keltor is a Guardian of the light even though he exists nearly in Shadow, haunted by his past. His world, the world of the Guardians, is a dark reality that coexists in modern day with ours. Behind the warm veils of our lives a war rages against the Shadow Demons and the Guardians protect as much of humanity as they can, still believing in us as a race.

There is one person alive, a Keeper, who has within her the power to tilt the scales one way or another in this war. With the ability to damn the Light or the Dark and no knowledge of how to she is supposed to do either, Liz is nearly a helpless pawn. A pawn that is about to find herself completely powerless against a force greater than she has ever known.

A Guardian who lost his heart centuries ago. A female who has never really known her own. Laws that prevent them from ever finding solace in the other. Far different laws that prevent them from turning away.


My Review:


I am utterly and completely in love with this author's work.  There is seriously nothing short of amazing in all her books.  I LOVE the Immortal Series.  Though let me tell you if you have read them and thought she couldn't twist you up anymore than what you were in that series...YOU WOULD BE MAJORLY WRONG MY FRIEND!!  *shakes head* I can't even tell you how bad I hurt from Keltor in this book.  I just...GAH!

Okay, so the book follows Keltor (obviously) the Guardian...I can't even tell you the image i have in my head of what he looks like.  This man has been through hell and does not fear what comes from it any longer.  He gave fear away for anger the day he accepted his position as Guardian of the Light.  His band of brothers try to break him from his 'funk', but Keltor is stubborn and set in his ways.

My heart immediately went out to Keltor.  You get glimpses of his past throughout the book and of his struggles to deal with that very past that still haunts him after centuries.  You truly understand his loss toward the end.

Elizabeth (aka Liz, Lizbet) has a gruesome past of her own.  One that would break many people, but she not only survives...she thrives, well for the most part.  However everything is about to change for her and she hadn't a clue of how much it would actually change.

Destined souls, but laws prevent Keltor from acting.  Boy it gets hot and hot and hot until you feel like you are suffocating.  I found myself screaming at my computer screen "Just do it already!"  LOL Poor Keltor going through that and after so long of nothing.

  "If this thing that I feel when I touch you is not because you are a Keeper, then it's because you are Mine. And there is no world that I canna find you if you are that lass. Do you understand me?" ~Keltor~

**Before you ask, yes the canna is on purpose.  It's his Irish accent hehehe I loved it throughout the book :) **

“Keltor, I’m sorry for being so rude. You’ve been nothing but kind to me, well, with the exception of leaving me every time you jump my bones, but other than that...well, I haven’t got a good reason to be treating you so badly. Come to think of it, that does give me the right to be a little miffed actually.” ~Lizbet~

“Lizbet, hear this. I cannot change your past, but I vow that your future will never hold that kind of pain again. I could take the memories from you but that would not serve since it has made you the being you are today. You have not...could not, offend me. I’m offended by the tarnish on your heart through no fault of yours.” ~Keltor~

This story has some VERY intense moments followed by some soft and sweet, but be careful and do not get to used to the moments because soon BAM!! she takes it all back to intense. 

This book was by far her best yet (and I'm sure plenty more good ones to come)!!  The emotions she is able to pull from this book, will drive you mad at times.  Sage is able to make the unreal seem so damn real, you hesitate to look out the window in fear to find the darkness out there.  It wasn't all serious there were quite a few moments that had you laughing hard.  It is a definite on the edge of your seat suspense and an amazing romance.  The last few chapters about freaking killed me!!! I thought my heart was going to explode and go into a full fledged panic attack.  HOLY CHITBALLS!!!






To Jennifer Sage:  I know I have said this a thousand times already, but I will say it again.  You have some serious talent.  The ability you have to pull someone like me (non-paranormal reader) into a story so completely is...just wow.  Honestly when I read Immortal Bound, I thought to myself; I hope that wasn't a fluke. NOPE sure wasn't.  Then as I read Keltor, I wondered the thing.  Damn if you didn't knock my damn socks off.  Please keep writing, it only seems to increase in effect for you.  The reader will not be let down that is for sure.  Thank you for your time in writing this and I truly wish you all the success that will come with this book. :)

A DEFINITE MUST READ AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment