Sunday, June 9, 2013

Review of "Falling in Danger" by Kaylie Newell ~PJ~

Falling in Danger
by Kaylie Newell


Synopsis:

A journalist stumbles onto the story of a lifetime. And finds herself falling in danger… 

When young, naïve reporter Jessica Brady is kidnapped and held for ransom by the head of an illegal dog fighting organization, undercover police officer Ian Cole realizes he’s got his hands full. He’s on the verge of busting the ring when he’s assigned to babysit her, which isn’t an easy feat. She’s neurotic, feisty, and also happens to be scared to death of dogs. Now he has to figure out a way to get them both out alive.

Jessica has no idea the thug she’s becoming attracted to is actually a cop, but it’s clear he’s not like the rest of the men in the organization. Particularly Albert Mancini, the disturbed only son of the ring boss, who has an appetite for alcohol and women. Especially Jessica.

When Ian’s cover is blown, he’s forced to bust the ring early. Weeks later, Jessica can’t stop thinking about the experience that has changed her forever. She wonders about the tall, sexy detective who saved her life. And the mobster’s prize-winning pit bull, Bruta.

An idea for a story is born. What if these dogs were given a second chance at life?

As Jessica digs deeper into their troubled world, she ends up falling for the police officer who rescued them. And discovers layers of her heart she never knew existed.

But when Albert escapes from jail, her happiness turns to terror. He hasn’t forgotten about the detective who put him behind bars. Or the beautiful young woman whose every move has become his obsession.


My Review:

All right fellow book lovers, I feel safe saying this with you all...I am addicted to Kaylie Newell right now.  At this moment, there isn't enough of her books out there right now LOL.  The way she's able to pull you into the character without even realizing is what I love the most.  Her stories are based on emotions more than anything.  Due to that she is able to make you cry, laugh, scream, nervous, and all of it!

Right okay I need to get on with my review of this book specifically right? LMAO!!!  Well first lets meet the characters as I see them :)


Meet Jessica Brady.....

Jessica has a famous father who could really give 2 shits about her at all.  She has spent her whole life trying to get out from under her father's name and make one of her own.  Her mother was too busy with the boyfriend of the month to pay much attention to her.  Now her hair in the book is shorter than this, but its how I see her.  

The book starts off with her being kidnapped for ransom against her father.  Little did she know she would be brought face to face with the man of her dreams and a second so unlikely savior.


Meet Ian (Fitz) Cole.......
This is Tommy Fitzgerald.  
He is helping the Mancini family with their dog fighting ring....Yes I said dog fighting ring.  However, he becomes the babysitter of the new captive Jessica Brady.  He wants to tell Jessica that he's not like them at all, but afraid that in a moment of terror she'd let it slip who he was and he couldn't take the chance of 6 months of undercover work to go down the drain.  

This is Ian Cole AFTER the undercover work.
There's just no denying this man is sex on legs.  He protected Jessica during her captive moments and he can't seem to forget her since.  He's not the commitment kind.  Never stayed with one woman long.  He loved his job.

This is Bruta....
He is the main dog that the evil Mancini family uses to fight.  This story broke my damn heart.  I am an animal lover and this story just shows how sick some human beings are!!

I want to take a moment and note one of the spectacular things this book is doing that has nothing to do with my review.....

**NOTE:  40% of the publisher's proceeds from the sale of this book will be donated to The Pixie Project, a non-profit organization that provides adoption services for animals.

 I strongly believe in the cause.  My street is off a highway in the country.  Our road is known as the dumping ground for unwanted animals.  Anyway, we took in an American Pitbull that was extremely skinny and injured.  We nursed him and searched for a new home.  Though we couldn't afford him at the time we didn't want to see him go back to what he just came from.  So after a few months of searching we found him a GREAT home.  Last we heard he was doing amazing and fit in with the other dogs just fine.

Okay now that I have made sure that was seen, I will return to my review.

This book though covers a SERIOUS topic had some great funny bits to it.  This was one of my favorite parts and I am still laughing as I type it.

"Um, reflecting on pleasant memories is one.  Its called the erection method."
He shot her a look.
"Oh my God.  The Reflection method"
"Sounds interesting.  I'll definitely have to try it sometime."

She is trying to explain ways for him to not be so serious all the time and well you can see what her slip up was.  I just died laughing!!!

Now I won't put into words, but I have to say....Chapter 5 the way it ended LMAO!!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!!

She gave him a mock salute. “Ten-four, Detective.”
“I’m not a truck driver. I’m a cop. It’s copy that.”
Smiling, she bent to put on Bruta’s leash. “Affirmative.”

Its just their banter that they have going back and forth that catches you.  The section of above cracked me up.  I loved it.  It kind of becomes their little moment throughout the book. 





The chemistry between the characters is strong and you think that once the bust happens the run off frolicking in the meadow happily ever after....Well you'd be wrong.  Neither want to admit their feelings....

This story is simply amazing and I expected nothing less from Kaylie Newell.

Mrs. Newell, I have to say again what an amazing job you have done on this book.  I cannot tell you enough how much I love your work and your ability to make the reader feel a part of the story...no not just part of the story that's wrong.  You make, me the reader, feel like it IS my story.  That takes talent you have it in abundance.  Thank you so much for all you have done!! Truly!  You are amazing!

This book is a MUST and DEFINITE read!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment