Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Review for Thursday Nights by Lisa N. Paul (~PJ~)

Thursday Nights
by Lisa N. Paul


The Synopsis:

Pain can leave even the strongest of people weak and hollow. But when fate brings two weak souls together, will the love they find mend the fragments that are barely holding them together, or will the weight of their past finally cause them to crumble?


Max DeLucca has spent seven years trying to forget the betrayal of his past. He lives his life from day to day never looking forward and never looking back. The walls around his heart keep anyone from getting too close and prevent him from feeling too much…until he meets her.


Her entire life, Janie Silver searched for the kind of love that wouldn’t leave her broken and more importantly, wouldn't leave her behind. She longs for a love that can heal the wounds of her past and give her the future she knows she deserves. She thought she was looking for something that just didn’t exist…until she meets him.


Danny’s on Main is where their story begins. A neighborhood bar where strangers become friends, friends become family and some … become lovers
… it all started on Thursday Nights

My Review:

Okay so things in my world are so crazy busy and I tend to miss new releases and my one clicking is now being monitored.  LOL Hubby says I am spending our kids' college funds.  HA! Anyway, this is what happened when "Thursday Nights" was released.  Truly I am sorry I didn't read this when it was released.

The story that Ms. Paul brings you in on is just wow.  You immediately love Max in the Prologue alone!  The journey to self-discovery has never been hotter!  Max is commanding right away and Janie...Janie is so damn likable, you hate yourself for wishing Max was with you. LMAO!!! 

Okay so let's meet the hero and heroine as I seen them.....

Meet Max DeLucca........

(Okay so you will have to put green eyes on him but totally how I saw Max!)
Max is damaged and destroy and he clings to the past.  He lets no one close and yet he can't seem to push one someone away.


Meet Janie Silver.....


Janie grew up without love.  She was abandoned by the very people who should have protected her.  Yet here she is searching for love and all arrows point to him....


So the book carries more than just Max and Janie's story, but it is the single focus.  They have a small group that they call their family. 

This story pulls you in in the beginning and refuses to let you go until the end and even then you want more.  (Waiting for book 2!!!!)  

Max wants Janie instantly, but because of his past he doesn't want to have her.  There chemistry between the two is strong, but what I love about the book the most is that the connections with all the characters involved are amazing.  You can feel their loyalty, their love for each other.  I love when I can feel like the best friend to the main character is my best friend too.  

Connecting with the characters in a book is so important to me when I read.  I read for an escape and I can't escape if I can't connect.  Did I ever!!!

It was hard to handle watching them both suffer because of their inability to let go of the past and embrace their present; future.  This story will take you on a roller coaster of emotions!  From tears to laughter to anger.

"Janie, I love to hear the sounds you make.  Knowing I'm the only man to ever get the real thing...God, you have no idea what that does to me." ~Max~

"Sorry I was thinking about Dick.  The person not the body part." ~Lyla~

Just to give you a taste of some of the moments in there.  I loved Lyla!!  She cracked me up.  I can't wait for her story.  I have a feeling an inky black haired man is going to rock her world!

This book was just amazing from start to finish!  I stayed up until WELL after 6am this morning reading before my eyes won the battle.  This book is DEFINITELY worth the read and any money paid for it!  I am anxiously awaiting the next book!  Thank you Ms. Paul for the amazing journey you allowed me to travel.  I cannot tell you enough how perfectly crafted the story was and the flow was AMAZING.  The different POVs were amazing!  Thank you for an amazing book and escape!

A MUST READ BOOK!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment