Monday, January 6, 2014

*****Raw by Belle Aurora*****Review by PJ


RAW
by Belle Aurora



Blurb:

***Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.***

Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am.

Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street.

Best decision I ever made.

Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job.

My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved.

But the saying is true.

The world makes way for those who know where they are going.

That’s me.

I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace.

But then there’s him.

I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me.

He makes me feel.

It’s unconventional.

But it’s real.

I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker.

So am I.

This isn’t a story.

This is my life.



My Review:

Okay so I freaking love Belle Aurora! She is one of my favorite authors. (Please remember that as I go through my review...seriously you'll see why...Remember!) She has a writing style that can just pull you in the story and hold you there even if the character is doing something so mundane. You feel their every emotions and crave their happiness as you would your own. When I read her first book and I was hooked. She's like a good drug. Knows how to make you laugh with words when all you want to do is cry. I just simply love that about her books...


Okay so that was until this book.  Was I ready for Twitch? Abso-fucking-lutely NOT! Okay now before you jump on my case here.  I wasn't ready for it. (Even though she gave fair freaking warning in the blurb) I just wasn't ready for it.


Okay before you completely flip out on me...

I FREAKING LOVED this book!

However, I loved this book for different reasons than I love her other books. Her other books are just so light and hilarious, but with enough angst to get you breaking up in pieces for the characters. This book however is NOT light that I was accustomed to. It was still an amazing book. 


I have this vision of Belle sitting down at her computer with the thought of this book in her mind trying to think of a title for it.  I picture her tapping her lip with her finger, her lips pursed and looking up at the ceiling. Then I picture her get the most evil smile on her face as she types three letters.  

R. A. W.


Well if there was ever a title to let you know how you'd be AFTER reading the book. This was definitely it! I can't remember how many times I found myself holding my breath, crying, screaming. I believe when I was finished with the book, I sent Belle a message that made her laugh hahaha. 

My husband even tried to talk to me about something (hell if I know what he was talking about I was freaking reading!) and I may have agreed to something I didn't want to do.  What might you ask? Shoveling DAMN snow! But anyway....

This book completely gutted me and it left me (for lack of a better word) RAW. The way he, and then she, and he... Hell I want to say so much but I'm so afraid of ruining the damn story for someone else. *sigh*

Okay here are my recommendation answers: :D

Who should read this?  Anyone with eyes! (and of course over the age of 18)
Any warnings? This is different from her other works...be prepared for just about anything.
Side notes: Tissues are a must. A nonpublic read, you will be vocal with it (I was). 
Please remember it is not your e-readers fault and cannot change the course of the book. :P

Belle Aurora: You cease to amaze me with the stories you come with and the characters you give us to fall in love with (even in RAW). Thank you so much for taking the time to sit down at your computer and type these out. They truly are a joy to read even if I wasn't exactly happy with you in the end of RAW hahaha. <3 font="" hugs="" nbsp="">






No comments:

Post a Comment