Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Immortal Dreams by Jennifer Sage ***Review by PJ***

IMMORTAL DREAMS
by JENNIFER SAGE



Synopsis:

I have never had a way with men, other than the random acts of nature that seemed to strike down their advances at every chance. Thanks mom, you could’ve saved me a hell of a lot of humiliation if you had let me know about all of this before now. I’m also not a looker, not like some Holleywood actress or model. I’m tall and thin enough, but I’ve got curves and by no means have I ever stopped traffic.

Enter two of the most beautiful men that I have ever lay eyes upon. Make that Immortal men while we’re at it. And I suppose I should call them ‘male’ since there’s nothing human about them. All male actually, in every sense of the word. I couldn’t be more of a fool than I am around them it turns out but they keep coming back. And both of them keep telling me I’m the one. Yeah. Right. Oh, and somehow, I’m supposed to be able to determine in 10 days which one is a liar and which one really is ‘made’ for me. Things stir deliciously when either one is around and my experiences in my world are few and far between. They are both Gods in their own right and I am just one measly human. Or am I? For a little longer I suppose I am....

Oh and Amele, when I’m stronger I will kick your ass for this. While I’m thankful you’re on my side, you should’ve prepared me for this! I know I know, the damned curse. But there must have been a way. The storm of Uglies grows thicker in my world and I feel completely powerless against them. For now, I’m content just kicking theirs. Powerless against the war and powerless against the advances of these gorgeous creatures that should not even exist. Whatever you do, forget everything you ever thought you’ve learned about faeries, and please, do not ever call them that!


MY REVIEW

Okay let me start out by saying that, I don't normally read paranormal romance books.  I have found that the ones that I have tried to read are too unreal for me to get into the story.  Yes, I am fully aware that a paranormal romance is fiction based and not mention to be realistic, but the way the ones I have read in the past did not hold enough detail for me to see their worlds and understand them for me to put myself in the story.  That, however, was not the case with Jennifer Sage's "Immortal Dreams".  
I received this book from my boss to edit and boy what a treat it was.  I saw that it was titled Immortal and kind of groaned at the aspect of having to read through this book.  I want to say a HUGE thank you to the author for not only writing an amazing story, but proving me wrong that not all books in the same genre are created equal.  It takes the right author to make the book soar no matter what the book holds and was made in your book.  I think you could have wrote about talking toilet paper rolls and I would have believed it.  Ha!  Okay sorry back to the book at hand.

Isabel has been living a 'normalish' life thus far in her life.  She and her friend Amele have been friends for a while.  Isabel has not had the best of luck when it comes to men.  Every time they get 'close' to her lightning or tornadoes make an appearance.  Pretty crazy right?  Well not as crazy as it was for Isabel to wake up in what she thought was a dream to find a far too gorgeous man to be legal and her clothes had changed. 

Meet Isabel as I pictured her....


Meet her first choice, Bodhe...

Only with a lot long hair and his hair would be white too :P

Her second choice, Morkain.....

Her best friend, Amele (who is also turns out to be her guardian)
The Amele that Isabel sees before it all starts...
The real Amele
 Okay so now you have seen the cast as I see them, back into the review aspect of it.  This book takes you on a triangle unlike any other.  Isabel is thrown into this on her 22nd birthday unaware of anything.  Suddenly she has these two amazingly hot men fighting over her and hoping to win her heart, but the catch is...The one she sleeps with is the one that will be her eternal love.  Now there is yet another stipulation, if she chooses the wrong one...two worlds are doomed.

Okay now you tell me how scary your first time was?  For some reason, I don't think it was as scary as this LMAO!!!!!!!!

As the story unfolds Isabel learns about her real family and who she really is while trying to make the decision that would either save or kill two worlds.  Amele is by her side the entire way and helps guide her as much as she is allowed to with the prophecy in place she cannot tell her much.

OMG!!!! and I must tell you there is a line in this book that is like the BEST line I have EVER read in a book and I so badly want to add it but I can't because it would give too much away and I don't want to do that, but OMG!!!! if there was a nomination for best line ever....yeah this would win hands freaking down!!!!  If you have read it then I am sure you know what line I'm talking about.  I immediately started crying when it was said....*sigh*

Here are some teasers I have made for this book....




This was truly a rollercoaster of emotions and I even found myself yelling at my computer some times.  You just want to scream at Isabel "The signs! The f*cking signs!", but then you remember its a book and so she can't hear you. *sigh*

Jennifer Sage, this is the first book that I have ever read of yours and I am so glad I was able to.  This will definitely not be the last one either.  You held me from the beginning until the end and left me wanting more.  I can't wait to read the second book.  Amele is truly a character.  You have some serious talent and I wish nothing but the best for you and all the success in the future.

Get this BOOK all!!!!! It's re-releasing on September 6, 2013.  Be sure to catch it then!!!

Author Links:





No comments:

Post a Comment